- Sheltering Arms
- $75,220.00 -203,780.00/year*
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
622 E 11th St
Sheltering Arms (formerly Episcopal Social Services) strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Sheltering Arms is Looking for substitute Group Teachers to provide as needed coverage in our early 12 month childhood education centers.Teachers will work in 2, 3, or 4 year old classrooms, supervising the planning and execution of the day care program.
Group Teachers are responsible for developing and implementing the program curriculum, supervising the children in all activities in and outside of the classroom, conducting regular group conferences based on daily performance observations, and meeting with parents.
A Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education or a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education with a Masters in progress is required. A New York State Teacher Certification or certification in progress, and two years of prior experience working with children is also required.
On Call substitute positions are available throughout our day cares in Queens, Brooklyn, Harlem, and the Bronx.
* Responsible for meeting with parents annually to discuss student progress
* Works within the frame work of the sponsoring agency
* Supervises a given group of children in all activities; including trips and outings.
* Promotes the professional growth of classroom association by sharing mutual knowledge
* Promotes sound parent relationships by attending and participating in group parent meetings
* Maintains objectives staff relationships
* Conducts regular group conferences based on daily observation of associates performance
* Share records with staff members when appropriate and in line with compliance standards
* Responsible for weekly progress reports
* Implements effective program curriculum
* Completes assessments related to curriculum (i.e. progress of the children)
* Completes all administrative responsibilities in a timely manner.
* Develops a sound program that meets educational goals
* Uses community resources to enrich educational content
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education with Study Plan or Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education with NYS Teacher Certification (Birth-Grade 2).
* Two years experience working in a group setting with children
* First Aid and CPR trainings required and re-certified as needed
* Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms. As a day care worker, providing quality care for children will require a high degree of physical exertion. Must have the ability to lift and hold children, sit down on the floor and stand up frequently and walk quickly around the classroom. In addition due to the high level of energy in the clients during all physical activities and outings, must be able to run, play, and travel with the children. Physical and PPD clearance required.
Associated topics: admin, admin secretary, adminv, analyst i, analyst iii, coordinator, information analyst, information technology support, public relations specialist, support specialist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...