- Sheltering Arms
- $72,883.33 -87,160.00/year*
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
622 E 11th St
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Sheltering Arms' Early Childhood Education Program serves working families in the community, and our eleven Day Care Centers meet a growing need for high quality, affordable early education. Our dedicated educators guide children through hands-on learning activities and a constantly growing set of innovations, such as mental health support and exposure to the arts. Our model is informed by New York's Common Core learning standards and the Creative Curriculum, ensuring that children gain the early literacy, math, and cognitive skills they will need to succeed in Kindergarten and beyond.
Sheltering Arms is currently seeking Family Services Workers for our Early Childhood Education program to oversee and meet all goals associated with the outreach and recruitment of children/families to our day care centers. The FSW provides families with community resources and ensures that the family is able to all reach short and long term goals. Full time positions are available covering day cares in the following areas: Manhattan/Brooklyn, and the Bronx. This is a unionized role (DC 1707 and Local 205), with a comprehensive union benefits package including medical, dental, life, vision, prescription, and pension plan.
* Recruiting/overseeing the eligibility and enrollment of children in the program
* Advocating for parents; conducting home visits; offering referral services and providing community resources; promoting parental involvement
* Developing/planning activities for children that will support their optimal growth and enhance relationships with parents/guardians; organizing/facilitating parent-child socialization groups and parent workshops
* Coordinating medical, dental and other community-based services offering comprehensive support to children and families
* Maintaining case records and completing all documentation and reports
* An Associates Degree in Human Services or related field is required
* Prior experience advocating for families; familiarity with the community, community resources, and locals
* Bilingual Spanish/English is a plus
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms. As a day care worker, providing quality care for children will require a high degree of physical exertion. Must have the ability to lift and hold children, sit down on the floor and stand up frequently and walk quickly around the classroom. In addition due to the high level of energy in the clients during all physical activities and outings, must be able to run, play, and travel with the children. Physical and PPD clearance required.
Associated topics: bioethics, biomedical, clinical, disease, family medicine, instructor md, medical, neurology, rheumatologist, trauma
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...